søndag 31. oktober 2010

Day 3 in India

Dear readers!
I used my last day here in India, to visit a very famous and special place. I have visited the president’s house! Here is a picture of an illuminated “Rashtrapati Bhawan” at night. Rashtrapati Bhawan is the name of the building, meaning presidential house/building.  

Some facts for you guys:

-     -   It is the largest residence for any state leader of the world
-     -   It covers an area of 130 hectares, and the floor area is roughly 18.580 square meters
-       - The most popular tourist attractions are the several gardens
-     -   Designed by Edwin Lutyens for the Viceroy of India
-       - Started building in 1913, finished in 1929

The picture to the right is a picture of “The Butterfly Garden”. It got the name because of all the butterflies visiting the different flowers at summertime.
I read the online newspaper of India today, “Times of India”, and I noticed an interesting fact; India is ranked 88th on the World Prosperity Index, due to poor healthcare and education systems. I guess that India is not a land I would like to live in.

That was my day! Tomorrow I will be going home, so this is my last blog entry about India. I hope you guys thought my trip was interesting! Goodbye J

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar